We are now open!
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our wonderful team, loyal customers and wider community, who have supported us over the past few months. It means a lot to us and we look forward to seeing you over the coming weeks. The health and safety of our team and customers is our priority and we have adapted our procedures and put additional measures in place in accordance with Government guidance.
3 Tier Alert Level
On 14 October, the Government introduced a 3 tier alert level system. We are in a Medium alert level area. This means that the rule of 6 indoors and outdoors is in place. If you are from a Medium alert level area, you may visit us in a maximum group size of 6 people (including children) from any number of households.
If you are from a High alert level area, you may only visit us in a maximum group size of 6 people (including children) from one household or support bubble.
If you are from a Very High alert level area, you should not travel out of your area so please do not visit us until your alert level is reduced.
Please click here to see a summary of the activities which are and aren't allowed in each alert level: https://www.longashespark.co.u...
To check the alert level for any postcode, please visit the Government Coronavirus webpage: https://www.gov.uk/find-corona...
The Government now require everyone to wear a face covering in hospitality premises (hotels, bars, pubs, restaurants and cafes), except when seated at a table to eat or drink. Some exceptions do apply. For full details, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own
- Have undergone comprehensive training in our COVID-19 risk assessments, new procedures, social distancing and increased hygiene protocols
- Have been provided with appropriate PPE including masks, visors, gloves and hand sanitiser, and trained in the use of each
- Will be required to self-isolate if they have COVID-19 symptoms
- We politely request that if you or any members of your household have COVID-19 symptoms, please do not visit us, stay at home and self-isolate - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
- Please adhere to social distancing guidelines
- Please pay by card or contactless
- It is a legal requirement to wear a face covering in public areas of hotels and premises providing hospitality (bars, pubs, restaurants, cafes), except when seated at a table to eat or drink. Please ensure you are wearing a face covering before entering the premises, and adhere to the guidance at all times
- Please use our main entrance and approach the bar where you will be directed in accordance with your reservation
- Please sanitise your hands on entry to The Gamekeeper's Inn, hand sanitiser stations are available at the entrance and throughout the bar, restaurant and function room
- We have created separate entry and exit points where possible
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting, paying extra attention to high-touch areas, using fogging machines and sanitiser
- Signage and information boards will be in place to remind guests and our team of social distancing and our new guidelines
- Protective screens have been installed at all bars to protect our team and customers
- We are ventilating public areas and bedrooms as much as possible to allow increased air circulation
- Newspapers and printed materials have been removed from the bar and bedrooms
- We are required to take your contact details and hold them for 21 days for the Government Test and Trace system
- Bingo and our weekly quiz will not be taking place until further notice
Bar and Restaurant
- All guests must pre-book in advance, please phone us on 01756 752434 or email email@example.com
- We request that you adhere to booking times in order to accommodate safe seating and reduce queuing
- From 24 September, we are required to close at 10pm, therefore the last sitting for dinner will be at 8.15pm and last orders for the bar will be at 9.30pm. All customers must have left the premises (except for guest rooms and lodges) by 10pm
- The maximum table size allowed in our bar and restaurant is 6 guests
- Furniture has been rearranged to meet social distancing guidelines, please do not move furniture
- To maintain social distancing, we will not be offering drinks at the bar, instead we will be providing full table service
- Your orders will be taken at your table once you are seated, please do not wait at the bar. Our waiting team will serve your food and drinks to your table
- We have spaced our seating out between the bar, restaurant and function room to allow for social distancing
- Single use menus will be provided
- Cutlery and glasses will only be brought to your table once you are seated
- Salt and pepper shakers and condiment bottles have been removed, and replaced with single use sachets
- Buffets and carveries cannot currently take place, we have replaced our popular Sunday carvery with Sunday roast dinners which will be plated and served from the kitchen
- Dogs will only be allowed in the bar and conservatory. Due to limited space, only two dogs are allowed per table
- All guests must pre-book in advance. Please use online booking, phone us on 01756 752434 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon arrival, you will be given a welcome pack including your sanitised room key, useful information for your stay, hand sanitiser, wipes and tissues
- Check out will be at 10am to allow additional time for disinfection
- We are deep cleaning after every stay using a fogging machine and sanitiser to ensure our bedrooms are disinfected between guests
- All laundry will be washed at a minimum 60 degrees for optimal disinfection
- During your stay, your room will be cleaned on request only. We will not carry out daily refresh cleans unless specifically requested
- Your room won't look as beautiful as it normally would as we have removed cushions and bed runners
- Irons and ironing boards have been removed from the bedrooms and will be available on request
- Breakfast will be served slightly differently for the foreseeable future. We will no longer have a buffet for our continental selection, however all items can be ordered from our breakfast menu and served directly to your table
Leisure Facilities For Hotel Guests
- Our leisure facilities and Woodlands café will be open Monday to Friday, 7am to 8pm and Saturday and Sunday, 8am to 7pm
- We will be reducing capacity in our gym and swimming pool to allow for social distancing. Gym equipment has been spaced out and all free weights have been removed. The swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi are open.
You will be required to book a 45 minute session for using the gym or swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi. If you wish to use both areas, you will need to book two separate 45 minute sessions as you cannot move between the swimming pool and gym within one 45 minute session. Sessions begin on the hour every hour. Please ensure that you arrive and leave the gym, swimming pool or changing rooms on time as we have allocated a 15 minute time slot between sessions to allow us to fully clean and fog the facilities before the next session.
Please contact the leisure club on 01756 752261 to book a session
- We are required to collect and hold all customers entry and exit times for 21 days for the NHS Test and Trace system, therefore please collect a leisure club membership card from The Gamekeeper’s Inn bar in order to scan in and out at the leisure club reception each time you visit. Please return the membership cards to the bar when you check out
- If you are using the gym, we ask that you change into your gym clothing in your bedroom and shower in your bedroom so that you do not need to use the lockers or changing rooms. If you are swimming, please change into your swim clothing in your bedroom and use the robes and slippers provided to walk to the leisure centre. Please shower before using the swimming pool, then use the shower in your bedroom to shower after using the swimming pool so that you do not need to use the changing rooms
- Please adhere to social distancing at all times. If you have children with you, please ensure they are supervised and adhering to social distancing at all times. When swimming, if children are unable to maintain the lane swimming speed, please stay in the exercise area of the pool
- Our cleaning schedules and procedures have been enhanced, including the use of sanitiser and a fogging machine to ensure that the facilities and equipment have been thoroughly disinfected. Hand sanitiser is provided throughout the facilities, please use it on entry and throughout your time at the leisure club. You are required to sanitise each piece of gym equipment once you have finished using it, sanitiser and disposable paper is provided throughout the gym
- Should you wish to arrange a wedding viewing, please contact Angela, our Wedding Coordinator on email@example.com
- We ask that only the couple, and any dependants, attend the viewing
- Please sanitise your hands on entry
- Please maintain social distancing
Any gift vouchers which were due to expire from 21 March to 15 July have been extended by 6 months.
Please note: All Covid-19 policies are based on current UK Government guidelines and are being constantly reviewed based on the latest advice. With that in mind, some of the information you receive at the time of booking may be out of date by the time you stay at the hotel. Please check back on our COVID-19 update page for the latest information.
Follow us on Facebook